Thursday, February 19, 2009

Now In Amsterdam

The de-I show has arrived in Amsterdam on time and with no problems. The flight attendants on our flight from Washington to Amsterdam were saying this the calm before the storm of spring break travel then summer travel because business class was only about a third full.

Wife and I just got up from naps. We're trying to get on schedule. It's around noon in Amsterdam which is 4 AM Albuquerque time. We were able to sleep a little on our flight from Phoenix to Washington and again on our flight from Washington to Amsterdam.

What is it about cabbies that they just have to try to rip you off no matter the country or the city. Our cabbie "forgot" to turn on his meter. I had a vague idea of price and when he tried to hit me up for 45 Euros I just told him I'd pay 35.

6 comments:

WeaselMomma said...

Have a great time!

Unknown said...

Glad you could rest a little on your flights. Your "cabbie" story is just one of many you'll have on this trip, right? Please tell Mrs d-I to have a great time with the many photo ops!!

stef said...

I would of said I guess I "forget" to pay you!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Good for you in dealing with that cabbie! Bastard.

Have a great time and I'm happy to hear that traveling was relatively easy.

Mike said...

Never been to Amsterdam. (Actually, I've never even left the US.) I hope you have a good time in spite of the transportation situation.

terri said...

Yay! You made it! Enjoy!