Sunday, November 30, 2008

Computer Curse Delays Holiday Posts

We had a very event filled week that I should have been blogging about throughout the week except that my computer rejected the fix that I applied (a new operating system) and continued the descent into interoperability. As a result with the exception of occasionally checking email, I was without connection to the internet.

In short, we finished up our Arches National Park photo shoot getting up before dawn and hiking in the dark to the appointed spot. We spent a half a day there before heading on to Salt Lake City with Gaius Derf and Agent W.

We spent all day Wed cooking for Thanksgiving and Thu finishing up and eating. The peak of the meal was a revised brined turkey cooked at high temperature. Hands down the best turkey I ever made.

On Friday I made a "European" style meal to satisfy my culinary desires. I will go into this with pictures for my next post.

As I had planned to use the inevitable break periods of any holiday visit working, my computer meltdown left me with a huge backlog of work to be done. We headed back early on Saturday and got home in town by 5. I had made the decision to buy a new computer and had it done by 6:30

A lot of people give me grief for using a Mac but I will tell you this, I had my old computer backed up before I left for the store and had the new computer completely set up by 8 PM. It completely duplicated my old settings down to the icons on my desk top in about 45 minutes with four key strokes.

Sunday was an all day work-a-thon.

Pictures from the morning shoot

This was taken at about sunrise - 6:50 AM. We were already out since 6 AM and yes it was COLD.




6 comments:

alexis said...

wow beautiful!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nice pics! Now I see how cold it was at Arches NP by looking at the "bundled up" Mrs. d-I!!!!

Glad that you were able to get your new computer up and running so quickly after returning home!

Thanks for a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

The Derf & Agent W

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

6 a.m. and cold?? No thanks. Good for you for being a trooper and assisting Gloria.

We will continue to give you grief about using a Mac!

Anonymous said...

We also do the brined and high-heat roasted turkey, which I find very satisfactory. (Although my rating system is strictly by amount of compliments provided, not actually taste, since I don't eat it.)

terri said...

Beautiful pics! Sounds like a wonderful thanksgiving, and as usual, your cooking sounds incredible.