Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nice Hike - Bad Picture Day

As I had no one to hike with on Saturday, I decided to do one of the shorter trails. I chose the Piedra Lisa trail. It is a trail toward the northern part of the Sandia west side. I hadn't hiked it in years.

I do the southern section, about 2 miles that goes from 6,700 feet to 8,100 - a nice bit of work but certainly no killer. The views from the ridge where this hike leads to and to the main part of the mountain to the east are spectacular.

Unfortunately, my trusty cell phone camera came up short. I don't know if I had a setting off or the brightness of the light was just too much, but most of the shots where not usable :(

So here are the slim pickings

My destination from about a third of the way up

Same Destination Just Before Final Ascent
(the trail is not really anywhere near as hard as it looks from this picture)

View to The West
If you blow the picture up and look at the upper right corner you can see Cabazon, a rather neat extinct volcanic core mountian


Looking North
This is a nice view of the northern half of the Sandia mountain. I've only hike that side once and only part way. It's on the agenda for the coming year.


Looking South
Just before descending, this is looking back toward Albuquerque with the full breath of the Rio Grande Valley before you

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics....another beautiful morning for you!!

terri said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I especially love the last one. Sounds like you had a good hike.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

And no bears!! That last picture was really awesome.

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate the hiking pictures that you provide - it means I'll never have to hike myself.