Monday, November 24, 2008

Moab

Wife and I are taking a little break over the Thanksgiving week visiting friend Gaius Derf and Agent W in Salt Lake City. We added a couple of extra days so we could do some photo-tourism...and if it is photo-tourism you can be sure that it probably wasn't my my instigation.

Wife informed me that the proper way to do things is for us to arrive at our destination within an hour of sunset and then go back again just before sunrise. Our destination is Arches National Park just outside of Moab Utah.

The pictures below are from my cell phone. We are scheduled to get up at 5 in the morning tomorrow so we can be in place for the morning shoot.

Not my idea Joe!







5 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

They ARE great pictures! Couldn't you convince wife to just move on from there and avoid the 5 a.m. call? Ugh.......I wouldn't get up that early for a football game!!

stef said...

Joe- maybe you are just not a TRUE football fan. ;)

Bernice said...

I can't wait to see how her pictures look next to the ones you took on the cell phone. Go Mrs. de-I!

alexis said...

that is stunning. Deserts are beautiful!

terri said...

The cell phone pics are impressive. I bet the "photo-journal" pics are amazing. I'd get up at 5:00 for a good photo shoot. In a heartbeat! Then again, I love my camera more than one should love an inanimate object.