Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Picture is Worth a...

I not only have my travel schedule to blame for my lack of posting but my computer has been on the spritz as well. There was something wrong with the operating system that caused the keyboard and touch pad to not operate - definitely a problem when traveling. But in short I:

Was in Chicago working and got to see MotherRocker and family plus go to our favorite Korean BBQ place.
Had a successful business trip with some good meals with partner Ricardo and Lakeview Coffee including our experience with whole fried smelt pictured below. Really good when just hot out of the fryer. Like super charged calamari without the chewiness.
Then it was on to Connecticut to meet up with my siblings for an 85th birthday with my Dad. He hates all kinds of group things with his offspring but I think he actually had a pretty good time. We went for sushi and it was top notch. The next morning we met a a Canadian breakfast place for pancakes. Because of our Russian heritage we like our pancakes with sour cream not something you find in most places so we brought a quart container ourselves and polished off almost two thirds between four of us.

More Home Remodel Pictures

Wife and I went up today to see how it looks

This will be one of the views from my office window - I'd love to get rid of that tree but I'd feel guilty since it is really a lovely tree


Looking through the space from back to front

6 comments:

terri said...

Smelt... I think that's a common fish in these parts, but I'm not sure I've ever had it.

Glad your dad enjoyed his birthday celebration. Sounds like everyone had a good time.

The addition is impressive. But why would you want the tree removed?

Michael Podolny said...

Terri - to get the full view of the mountain. But it's a non-choice since it is three houses down :(

Unknown said...

I am sure your Dad was pleased to have all of you with him!

Thanks for the pics!!! Exciting to be able to go up there now and take in the view!!!

stef said...

Oh good. I'm glad you guys made it up there

Bernice said...

The pictures from the second floor are exciting.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nice pictures! That's going to be an awesome office. We'll never see you in Chicago now. :-) Sounds like that tree could meet up with a saw "accidentally". Just saying....

Those smelt really were pretty great. I'm thinking about going back just for those. Anna Maria's is where they were at for all the Chicago readers.