Thursday, November 20, 2008

Disconnect from Reality

Or maybe I should just say that my reality seems to be different from the rest of the world at the moment. After a really scary Sep and Oct businesswise, In Nov we billed more than we have ever billed in any single month with a greater net than any previous month. In addition I closed a deal I was working on for almost three years that is going to deliver a very nice fee as well. When it is all over in spite of the operation and my own post-operation malaise, it looks like our financial performance for the year is going to be on par with 2007. In addition we have a nice list of clients, good prospects and lot's of new colleagues out building stuff for us. Go figure

Ace photographic journalist Mrs. de-I said it was really windy cold today so she didn't want to go out and take too many pictures. Plus she said that there wasn't that much apparent difference from yesterday.

On to Connecticut for dinner with my siblings and my Dad for his 85th tomorrow.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that you and your siblings are planning to be with your Dad for his 85th birthday! God bless!!!

More great pics.....thanks for sharing!!!

Wishing you safe travels!

terri said...

Congrats on a great year! It's nice to hear someone with good news for a change.

Seems it's been cold and windy all over the states today. We saw about 29 degrees today. I talked to my mom on the phone today and she warned me to dress warm when I leave the house tomorrow because "it's supposed to be even colder."

I love that my mom still tries to mother me.

terri said...

P.S. Happy 85th to your dad! How great that you can spend it with him.

stef said...

Give the Grumps big hugs from me and my family!

Anonymous said...

I don't think there's any "go figure" about it. That is, it appears that you (successfully) follow your own financial advice. Congats!