Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Pumped

 It is a strange feeling at this late stage in life to feel so pumped, excited, jacked, you choose the term, about a venture. However, the shift described in my last post in the direction of Theodora and our decision to seek serious investment to grow it has caused my state of mind to shift as well.  

It has brought back a lot of the emotions from my very early days in investment banking when a good part of the work enjoyment was the thrill of the chase and the excitement of working with big numbers (of money). Only this time, it is not for someone else, it is for me...well not exactly but for my concept that will benefit the (hopefully) large number of women. I don't know if this is going to work but it won't be for lack of trying. I talk to a lot of people who I was approaching a year ago when we were just starting. They can't believe the progress our little group of test subjects has made in such a short time period. That gets me pumped too. 

Then there is the new Rotary Club I moved to, The Rotary Club to End Human Trafficking. Don't remember if I've talked about this before. But, it is a virtual and cause based club (an innovation in the Rotary world) with members from 11 states and 6 countries (including two of my participants in Ghana!). It has a very ambitious strategic plan and a lot of very capable motivated people. And I am getting in on the ground floor. That's exciting too.

Who'd have thunk this would be happening in my mid-70's. Truly a statement of not retiring but transitioning one's life.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

What an interesting concept for a Rotary Club! And this is turning into a big, exciting challenge. Can't wait to see where it ends up.

alexis said...

never stop never stopping!!