Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wife Family Reunion #2 - Madison WI

Our two days of driving end in Madison Wisconsin where we have a half of day before we check into the reunion campground facility.

Cheetos - the official road junk food of Mr. & Mrs. de-I
No road trip is done without them!

We spent time visiting the state capital building which was very cool. It opens 8 AM each day even on Sunday. Wife and I were there at 8:15 and we literally had the building all to ourselves.


Photo Wife stalking the capital building


Even the elevator doors are artistic


Don't think Wisconsins take their badger seriously!

View of the capital from the lake front
Then it was on to the botanical gardens. I didn't take too many pictures.

I took these because I loved the stone work and Wife and I are thinking of using the idea in our backyard landscaping project.


And there was this neat Thai Pavilion which according to the write up is the only such authentic one int he country.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the cheetos! I used to LOVE the cheese ball poofs that come in a plastic tub. LOVE those things. I would never by a whole thing of them but someday I will have to have a handful again.

The stone design looks really cool on that walkway.

terri said...

Mmmm... Cheetos! I'm sure it doesn't surprise you that I'm a big fan of them. I don't buy them though. Once I start eating them, I can't stop.

You took in some pretty cool sites, especially the Thai Pavilion!

alexis said...

wow, Madison has a beautiful capital! The gardens are gorgeous too.