Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick Mid-West Trip Update

We got to the reunion fine. Weather has been crazy as Joe noted in his comment from cold to thunderstorms to over 90 and humid (but nothing like when we visited Pulisha in FL).

The fried pickle report will have to wait until I have time to download pictures.

Yesterday I had to drive to Milwaukee to pick up 2B (Tim de Buffalo) and the brood. Daughter 2 has to stay in Washington for her Foreign Service Corps training. That was another 4 hours of driving. Folks are going to some cave today but that requires an hour's drive to get there. I'm bailing out of it. I need a day with no being in a car.

6 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yeah, after 4 hours of driving, you're due a day off!!

terri said...

Good call. I am a big fan of not being in the car. And long drives tend to put me to sleep, making me an unlikely candidate for driving and also not very good company.

Mike said...

I'm surprised you guys are driving the whole way. That's a pretty long road trip!

Agent W said...

You deserve a "rest"!

Anonymous said...

That is a long time to be in the car. I hope you got some cheetos!

alexis said...

hrm, and how did that day not in the car end up working out? ;)