Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Addicted!

I have managed to live almost my entire adult life without once having played any kind of computer based game. Now I am sad to report that has ended.

Last weekend when I was with the Pulisha #2 daughter clan, she is on her cell phone all the time playing games. I commented that I didn't even think there were any games on my phone. But a brief perusal found that indeed there were two - solitaire and bubble blaster. Solitaire and cards in general hold no interest to me. But I decided to try bubble blaster. BIG MISTAKE!

I played the first couple of games not quite knowing what I was doing. Then #2 gave me a couple of hints. Soon I was really at it. #2 gave me another very valuable hint. Don't express your emotions while playing! Look like your texting, emailing or doing some kind of work. Ah yes, thank you Master (deep bow)

Yesterday driving around Chicago with Lakeview Joe, I went about 20 minutes playing before forgetting and making a comment (I had just posted my high score). He thought I'd been working. Ha!

Of course now I have committed the original sin and I'm condemned to the same horrible after life as everyone else :(

6 comments:

alexis said...

oh my goodness, not you too! Fallen to the dark side. As long as the sound is off though, seriously, it is a good way to pass the time.

alexis said...

shoot, looks like Marian the shop-at-my-online-store-bot posted that first comment.

terri said...

I never would have suspected YOU would succumb to the addictive powers of the cell phone game! :-)

Pulisha said...

It's all part of my master plan for world domination, mwah hah hah hah hah!

Anonymous said...

wahaha you have passed over to the other side!

Mike said...

Haha... very nice. I don't have the attention span to play those types of games for very long.

Being a nerd as I am, I have a buddy who is always trying to get me to play World of Warcraft and all of those in-depth type games that turn ordinary citizens into glassy-eyed, obese zombies with poor hygeine. I just can't stay interested for very long, though.

Maybe I need to give this bubble game a try.