Wednesday, September 30, 2009

NZ Photos - 4

Gad if you only knew what an incredible pain it was to get these #@&! photos uploaded at this motel!

But I do it all for you fans...for you...or if Wife is to be believed because I'm obsessive. Can you believe that? Anybody calling me obsessive?

OK these are from the trip across the Cook Strait and the next days drive by the Queen Charlotte Sound

A picture of a sister ship passing us by on the Strait
This symbolizes the fact that I'm not puking my guts out - quite the ocean going feat for me :)


The approach and entry to the Marlborough Sounds (of which Queen Charlotte is one of and the main one we go down)


Scenes from the Queen Charlotte Sound Drive

These yellow flowers covered the hills for miles and miles


There was the same ferry we had been on the day before unloading


Views of the Sound




Another one of our favorite NZ signs - not big fans of Frosty the Snowman are they


There were these clouds that were hovering at this low altitude that I needed to get


Lunch at the Slip Inn


I was half way through the mussels when I remembered I was taking pictures


Another great NZ ale


Wife's pan fried cod


My awesomely good scallops


Equally good cappuccino




6 comments:

WeaselMomma said...

It all looks very lovely. As far as motion sickness is concerned, I have found that those pressure point wrist bracelets work like magic.

alexis said...

is sea sickness genetic??

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Apparently when it's frosty, you rear axle can break. WTF?

stef said...

I have to agree with weaselmomma- sea bands are awesome! And i am prone to motion sickness of all kinds

Anonymous said...

I need to try some scallops sometime..those look good.

Mike said...

Well... just so you know, *I* for one, appreciate your efforts in uploading these pictures. It's awesome to get to see what's over on the other side of the world.

Also, the tire tracks on that sign cross each other. What's up with that?? Must be REALLY "frosty."