Monday, September 28, 2009

NZ Photos - 2



Scenes from Lake Taupo

Looking in three directions from the overlook above the town coming from Rotorua





Along the side of the lake


Looking across the lake at sundown at the mountains of Tongoria National Park





Taupo Dining


Excellent Mussels


Wanted something other the Pinot Noir. Oops, this was from Australia - but it was great.


A fantastic seafood chowder


A flounder that turned out not so hot


Awesomely wonderful twice cooked pork belly


Samples of some of our favorite signage







We loved this because we've never seen a forest fire danger sign in New Mexico that was at the 'low' mark

7 comments:

alexis said...

I love these pictures, especially the signs. and so beautiful there!

terri said...

Clearly I need to go grab some lunch because it's the food pictures that grabbed my attention. The chowder looks incredible. The flouder - with it's head still attached does not look appetizing at all!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I saw some sun!! Whoop-Whoop!

WeaselMomma said...

Oh how I want to visit that side of the earth.

stef said...

Hooray for sunshine!

Anonymous said...

My goodness how I love food and looking at pictures of food.

I'm not a fan of shiraz...though I bought a cheap bottle at the store once just because it had a penguin on the bottle. :) I ended up playing shot-glass chess with it. (don't shake your head....) haha

Mike said...

Love the views of the mountains in the distance. The signs cracked me up as well.

Do you and the wife try each other's food as well? Anytime we go somewhere new, Jules and I have to try each other's stuff. It's the law.