Sunday, September 27, 2009

NZ Photos - 1

Okiere Falls


I loved this scene with the water flowing over the underwater boulder





Thermal Zones

Rotorua - A City built on a thermal zone


Scene of a Rotorua for across Lake Rotorua - you can see the plumes of sulpherous steam rising - and yes it does stink!


Closer view of one of the city's outpourings


Wai-o-tapo - Thermal Scenic Area

Looking at the visitor center and the area from the parking lot overlook

Pond colored by dissolved minerals


Sulfur deposits in a cave


Location of the New Southern Pacific Office of my company where Lakeview Coffee will be transferring



Bubbling mud in a caved in crater


Sinter Deposits - some of the largest in the world



Weird yellow algae that was all over the place


5 comments:

alexis said...

ah that reminds me of the springs and volcano in Greece - also smelly!

terri said...

That was worth the wait! Beautiful pictures. I hope Lakeview likes his new digs.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Bubbling mud! That's where I should be! Good pics.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!

Mike said...

Wow... what awesome sights! I've seen some awesome stuff here in Oregon... and I also get to see your stuff from NZ.

Also... sorry I'm so far behind. I'm trying to catch up, I promise!