Monday, September 28, 2009

NZ Photos - 3

On the way from Taupo to Napier...

...we saw a sign for a 'Scenic Overlook'...
...and found this awesome waterfall that wasn't even in the guidebook!



Ho Hum. Just more gorgeous NZ landscape



Napier


We loved the gardens



And this cool tree


Napier is known for its Art Deco architecture





Who says Amsterdam has a monopoly on micro-niche retailing!

At a Maori historical site


This was the lower village and fortified area


Looking down from there on some fields. I took this because it shows the use of trees as hedges to protect the fields (something we saw all over the North Island)


When we got to the top we had a fantastic view of the chain of mountains on the southern end of the North Island


This from the same point looking back at that first site I showed above and the parking lot.

5 comments:

Bernice said...

I'm loving the travelogue. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

I love the rolling green hills.

stef said...

Waterfall is gorgeous! What a find

Anonymous said...

wow. beautiful pictures. I love the tree- I hope you got to climb it!

Mike said...

All awesome pics, but I especially love the waterfall pictures at the top. I got to see my first real waterfalls here in Oregon while I was here. I thought they were the most beautiful things I'd ever seen.