Monday, January 12, 2009

This Program Delayed Because of Jury Duty

Yes I'm on jury duty. I have to call in every day - sometimes twice a day - to see if I have to go in. I'm in the second of two weeks. I was at the court house from 8:30 AM to 7 PM being vetted for a murder trial. Thank goodness I wasn't chosen because it would have gone 5 to 6 days and this has already screwed up my work schedule. I have to be back in at 9 AM because they have a perfect storm of trials and have just about all the jurors they called up for this two week session already used up. I think though it is a short civil case tomorrow.

On another subject, look at all the comments concerning hash! Who would have thought. I will get back to this once my time and life are returned to me by the Bernalillo County Court.

5 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Hang'em high!!!

nonna said...

i'm a weirdo, i know, but i love jury duty! i've only been called once but i got to be the foreperson. it was a boring case, but my mom was foreperson on a capitol murder trial in florida and they convicted the dude to die. she even got to be interviewed on NBC, maybe the today show, i don't remember for sure.

alexis said...

ooo, I'm rooting for a labor dispute!

terri said...

Oooh, sorry about the jury duty.

And of course you're going to get lots of comments on hash. See? When you bring it down to our level, we have things to say about cooking. Of course, you shouldn't make this a habit because I am fascinated by the foods you write about... the kind I have no hope of ever creating.

Anonymous said...

Wow... sorry to hear about that. I haven't been called in for jury duty yet, thankfully. Hope you get back on track soon. Sitting in a courtroom for hours on end is not my idea of fun.