Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Frequent Flyer Touchdown!

I don't think many of the few people who visit my page do a lot of flying. But, flying for business has been part of my life for most of my career. So naturally I end up getting a lot of frequent flyer miles and in spite of traveling a lot for business both Wife and I really enjoy traveling for our vacations.

But it has become harder and harder to convert frequent flyer miles into meaningful trips - meaning going overseas and getting at least a Business Class seat.

I am proud to say that I have managed to score twice over the last few weeks. I've got Mrs de-I and I on to a trip to Amsterdam to visit daughter AinA and - catch this - finally scored on a trip in April to take her to New Zealand for her 60th birthday trip. I had to call over a period of three months to finally get that one and I ended up settling for Economy Class on the way back.

9 comments:

terri said...

I don't fly much. Not that I wouldn't like to. My life just doesn't work out that way right now. But someday...

New Zealand! You better take lots of pictures!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Awesome!! I soooo want to go to Australia and New Zealand.....once I have someone to go with.

nonna said...

i could post an even longer than usual comment naming all the places i want to go to, but alas hubby had done all the traveling he's ever wanted to do and we couldn't afford it anyway. hopefully, someday, i will be able to go to australia to dive the great barrier reef. hope you have fun on your trips, and don't get carried away at the pot restaurants in amsterdam ;)

alexis said...

that's fantastic news! Glad you got NZ booked - you should talk to Rob while you're here, he went there two years ago

stef said...

Yay! So glad you scored your trip

Bernice said...

New Zealand! A photographer's paradise. What a great gift.

Anonymous said...

Way to do, de-I! What a great trip.

Anonymous said...

New Zealand?! I sooo envy you. :D Please take lots and lots of pictures to share!

Pulisha said...

Awesome! Paradise for mom and her camera. What a great gift!