Friday, September 5, 2008

What's Your Perfect Day?

Busy week. It is taking a lot of effort to get my personal business production back to the level it was when I shut things down for the operation. But slowly it's starting to pick up.

That means lot's of pounding the pavement, meetings with all kinds of people to try and rustle up business. Breakfasts and lunches are ideal networking times because they are not the times that you can do any meaningful client work. On Thursday, I had one of these lunches with my new partner Holistic Ken, a wealth manager and an estate planner (sounds like the beginning of a joke - a consultant, a wealth manager and a lawyer went to lunch...just can't think of what the punch line would be) where I was introducing everyone to the other.

The wealth manager who has been a client of mine for years and I of his pops this question out -

"What's your perfect day?"

For a moment nobody said anything, because it isn't the the kind of question that usually pops out in these kinds of business meetings. But soon everyone was getting into it. We divided the question into your perfect business day and your perfect non-business day. It was really interesting to hear everyone's responses. I take my hat off to my wealth manager colleague because it was inventive and creative.

So what would your perfect day be?

3 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

This really is a great topic. Tough to answer, but a great question. Oddly enough, I think mine would be:

1)getting up early next to an adorable significant other.
2)sitting on my chaise with her having coffee and reading the paper.
3)meeting buddies for a Bears playoff home game under crystal blue skies for a three to four hour tailgate.
4)Watching a Bears victory
5)tailgating afterwards until they kick us out of the lot.

Alternatively, it could be golfing at a nice course with good friends.

OR, last one I swear, bringing that gal I mention above, home for Thanksgiving dinner at the folks place. Good stuff.

Michael Podolny said...

All sounds doable - except for that Bears victory thing.

alexis said...

perfect day - not possible. There are so many wonderful things in life it'd be not possible to experience them all in 24 hrs.
how's that for glass half-full! :P