Sunday, September 21, 2008

Training The Goths

As part of out tribute to the Visigoth Family (the official name of our daughter Pulisha, husband Tim de Buffalo and grandchildren, C, J and A) , I am assigned the duty of taking C out for hiking training. So this weekend we went tromping through the foothills.


C making her way up the hill



C taking a well deserved rest on the hilltop


Looking to the East from the hill towards the main mountain

We're now looking back across the valley looking toward the direction we took the previous picture from



Our 1.5 hour hike took about an hour longer because C was obsessed with knocking of every prickly pear she found left on a prickly pear cactus.

5 comments:

terri said...

Are you sure the reason it took so long isn't because of C's choice of footwear? Those look like Vans to me. I didn't think those were traditionally used for hiking!?!

Just kidding... looks like a beautiful day for a hike and C looks like she thoroughly enjoyed herself!

alexis said...

well now I know what to get C for x-mas - bigger stick.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you cheerfully completing your grandfatherly duties.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Great, training the Goths so they can later storm your castle. Good thinking.

I have to say, those prickly pears distracted me more than once on the hike I went on with you too. So compelling.....

Michael Podolny said...

Terri - We grow'em tough here in NM. This little kid has gone up 1000 ft mountains with those Vans (I would like her to have better shoes)

Lakeview - I like to think of it has tiring the Goths out so they DON'T storm the castle.