Monday, September 8, 2008

Big HIking Plans

I have pretty much fully recovered and am back to hiking as normal (except for the nap requirements afterward). I also have ensnared two new compatriots into the hiking team (Cabinet Lady and Crazy Craig) so I am no longer dependent upon just Wild Bill's bad judgment when I cook up some wild ass hiking plan (I love you man).

We are coming into prime hiking season with the real heat of the summer coming down and the monsoon ending. So I am trying to organize some really challenging hikes. I would love to do the South Crest Trail again (16 miles and 4,000 feet climb) which I've done twice. Or the North Crest which is 12 miles with the same altitude gain. Then there is the Whitewash trail we did last April.

So many choices - all I need to do is convince my compatriots how easy they all are (bwahahahahahahahahahaha)

4 comments:

stef said...

It is so great to hear that you are feelings so fit again already. Recovery didn't seem to take all that long. What's the Judy update btw?

Unknown said...

Wow! It's great to hear that you feel ready to take on the challenging hikes! The Derf will be jealous...especially since his set back has interrupted his hiking! But he's getting back to it slowly but surely.

Keep us posted on the new hiking buddies!!!

Agent W

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Suckers. I knew Craig wasn't bright. Ha!! That's too far to go without four wheels under you.

terri said...

A 4,000 foot climb.... easy? Sure, sure!

It sounds like a great way to stay in shape! Have fun!