Sunday, September 14, 2008

How Bad Can It Be When You Have This


OK - so we had our little wallowing fit their last week. But I got my ass in gear business-wise by doing the tired and true getting on the phone and calling up networking contacts and in general just getting the psychic wheels of the business development process going.

One of the nice side effects of my donation operatio is meeting via the blogosphere a couple of other fellow donors who are really nice, thoughtful people. One of these, Terri, a working mother of three, once a week puts down all the things she is grateful for that week.

I think gratitude is really important especially for us that live in such blessed circumstances.

Put on the top of my gratitude list being able to live in a situation where I can work the way I want, have access to travel, but still be right fricking next to the mountains in a place with great weather than I can hike almost every weekend the year round.

I LOVE being in the mountains, pushing my body, getting the work out, being away from people. The last couple of weekends have been great and though I've taken pictures from most of these trails before, here are some of the latest.

A rather washed out picture heading up the Embudo Trail

Looking West from the same spot over the city


On the South Crest Trail with a friend who also loves geology like me we found lots of neat examples of deep ocean limestone and various sandstones from different environments.

Looking West toward the city from the South Crest Trail

I've shown this to you before but man do we have clear blue skies.

And you can see so far. That mountain is about 30 miles away

4 comments:

stef said...

And don't forget to mention the amazing trip you are about to take! We have to go through the moments of forgetting to make it more meaningful when we remember to be grateful.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Beautiful! I like the idea of noting things for which I'm grateful every week. Maybe I'll try that....

Anonymous said...

Having lived in many places, the blue sky comparison is as follows: Albuquerque > DC > Cleveland and Germany. So I'm grateful to live in DC, which has quite a few sunny days, combined with great restaurants.

terri said...

Thanks for the recognition!

I am glad to have met you too. It's nice to be able to share experiences with someone who has been through much the same. Actually, it's more than nice. It's therapeutic.

I agree. You are blessed to live where you do. It looks beautiful!