Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008 - Goodby Sanity

That's probably somewhat of an exaggeration but 2008 (at least the first half) is going to be as jammed packed with events as any year that I can remember (which isn't hard since I really don't remember much of anything).

Mid-January - Relocation of the Pulisha clan to Albuquerque

Not only will this create an entirely new family dynamic but the five Pulisha-s are going to be staying with us until they can find a place to rent. Seven of us including two under the age of three in a small non-child proofed home -- let's see that sounds like fun. Perhaps I should schedule travel for the entire last half of January -- oh wait I have (Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha).

End of January, beginning of February - Beginning of the Remodeling Project

As many of you know, we are going to be adding a second floor over about a half of our house in order to capture the fabulous views around us. The plans are just about done. We've made most of our selections (lighting, flooring, etc.) and are waiting for the quote (I've reserved a room at the New Mexico Heart Hospital in anticipation of my coronary when I see it). Our builder has told us that he will be ready to start in the late Jan/early Feb time frame. (Note to self -- Reserve a large tent for the backyard in case the Pulishas are still in the house)

Mid-April - Trip to Central Europe

Mrs. de-I are taking a long awaited vacation; a cruise up the Danube River from Budapest through Austria and on to Germany near Munich. We're starting with a side trip to Prague.

Mid-May - Body Part Disassembly (Put your orders in Now! First Come, First Served!)

Actually what is happening is I'm scheduled to be donating my kidney to my sister barring being disqualified at the last moment for some change in medical status. This is naturally a rather big event. Since my sister lives in Connecticut and is incapable of traveling, it is going to mean my having to go there for the surgery. Working with the hospital in Hartford has been extremely frustrating as they refused to communicate with me at all on planning until my sister was absolutely approved for the transplant. That combined with a host of personal logistical issues (figuring out where to hang out while I recuperate, keeping my business going, etc.) has caused much gnashing of teeth. But we have finally gotten their acceptance of her and their agreement to my timetable. We are now just just waiting for the final date approval.

July 4 Weekend - Mrs. de-I Family Reunion

A triennial event that brings her whole clan together. We're doing another pig roast so that will be a blast. Unfortunately we know that EIBW (Elegant International Business Woman) daughter has to be in India for a good friends wedding (it was a tough choice -- go to India for the first time or go to rural Ohio), we we are going to make a full size cut out of her along with pre-recorded answers to questions so she can still be a fountain of knowledge for her younger cousins (think the Magic Eight-Ball)

I figure if nothing else this year is going to offer lots of material for me to write about.

5 comments:

alexis said...

to ensure accuracy, the cut out should be holding a drink.

Anonymous said...

When you put it that way it does seem like a very busy year!

stef said...

My gracious. I hope you keep july-December free for recuperation and rest!

Pulisha said...

If we're really going for a true-to-life image, perhaps we should have the cut out holding an entire bottle of wine ;) Also, I am very suspicious of this timing for the house add-on. Fortuitous timing or a well thought out plot to ensure grandkids are not in the house too long... ;)

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Son-of-a-b@#$!! I'm stressed just reading about all that!! Wow. That means when you come to Chicago, you'll just be interested in getting drunk to forget how busy your life is.....guess that isn't much different than in 2007, except the reason changes. Ha!