Monday, January 21, 2008

Comment Card from Pulisha on Casa de-I

This is a very nice hotel. The staff are pleasant, though a bit territorial when it comes to the televisions and computer areas. Printing is free, but you must do your own laundry (there is a little jar next to the machines since the coin operator appears to be out of order).

Dinner is only occasionally provided, so be prepared to cook some of your own meals. Also, the cook can be a bit surly at times, and he tends to start ranting about ancient Persian dynasties (I think, I may have tuned out at that point), but the food is excellent so I suppose the eccentricities can be forgiven.

Hubs wants me to point out that the sports stations are severely lacking. You can find a soccer game in any language at any time of day, but there is a distinct lack of any Buffalo sports teams package on the cable. I just want to point that out because I know that it is a very important point for many travelers. Also, the service is a bit lacking. You have to clean up after yourself, change the toilet paper roll, wash your own linen, etc. They also do not carry cat litter for when your car leaks oil onto the driveway (can you believe that!). And the woman who runs the place will give you a very dirty look if you even think about asking for turn down service!

But, it is a fabulous place for children. The staff will even watch them for you if you need to go out and run errands! At least, I think they were the staff...I wonder where J went...oh well, I'm sure she'll turn up sooner or later. That plus the endless supply of booze makes this quite a charming little place full of character. I give it three stars. Wait, this isn't Trip Advisor? Shit.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I'd agree - the booze policy has made me a regular visitor!

stef said...

Ha ha ha! I am tempted to come down there right now with my family to try out the services.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I'll check for the listing in AAA. Fortunately I don't have to worry about kitty litter hauling when I visit.