Wednesday, January 23, 2008

If You Have to be Sick

...And you're on the road, there are worse places to find yourself than the Lafayette Park Hotel in Lafayette, CA. Monday night I had a horrendous evening with no sleep whatsoever. I had to be up early to catch my flight to CA and just wasn't feeling right at all. I couldn't even eat anything for breakfast. I slept on both flight (unheard of for me), got to the hotel, did an hour's worth of work and then jumped into bed at 3 PM and stayed there until 5 this morning fighting off the fever and chills (which seem to have gone thank goodness). The bed in this particular hotel is fabulous and the heating consistent (not a given in any hotel). So all in all, a pretty good place to be bed ridden.

On the menu today

Nourishing Glycerin Soap
Exfoliating Sea Salt Soap - (some how rubbing my body with salt doesn't seem exciting)
Detoxifying Sea Kelp Shampoo - (I didn't even now I had toxins in my hair!)
Moisturizing Sea Moss Conditioner - (Sure I want to lump a bunch of sea moss on my hair)
Relaxing Sea Fennel Body Lotion - (is this lotion for sea fennel that are up tight?)

I hope I don't go to my meetings today smelling like a rank lagoon.

Today's History Quiz

Guest poster Pulisha referred to Persian Dynasties a couple of days ago. What were the three great Persian Dynasties prior to the Islamic take over in the 7th and 8th centuries AD. Points taken off if you use Wikipedia Lakeview!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your business associates will be intimidated if you show up smelling like the Swamp Thing.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

"Rank Lagoon" ha! That's good.

You know I can't even GUESS if I don't use Wiki.

Michael Podolny said...

Ok Lakeview, I take the no Wiki restriction off of you...but that means you only get to add mashed potatoes with your chicken if your right!

Oddly enough this stuff was actually less offensive than most of the scents I find lurking in the hotels.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ok, let's go with:

Sassanid 226-651
Parthians 250 bc-226 ad
Greeks (AKA Hellenistic Persia) 330 bc-250 bc

Here's the source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Empire

It's all Greek to me, so it may not be what you're looking for.

alexis said...

I am proud to say this particular nugget 'o' useless info is not taking up precious brain space.

stef said...

so Sorry you were ill Dad! Did you miss out meeting with the Shats?

Michael Podolny said...

Stef - sucked it up and did see the Shats though I ate all of five spoonfuls of soup and a glass of water. Not exactly my usual party hardy image. However, it was great to see them and we had a nice time. We're still look forward to the trip.