Wednesday, January 9, 2008

But We Don't Even Have The Concertina Wire Yet!

Its on back order. And they're out-of-stock on claymore mines. And I won't be able to get any Congolese mercenaries for at least two weeks.

We're doomed. The hordes of Chairwoman Pulisha are projected to be arriving her Friday.

Friday!

And if you think that this sense of alarm and need for protection is unwarranted, I merely ask you to read this to understand how a total breakdown of civilized life is to be expected here in de-I land.

Wife, of course, has been an absolute trooper in all this. Her comments?

"Homey could you please help put together the bunk bed."

9 comments:

alexis said...

see this is where about 3000 miles of ocean and an additional 2K of land come in mighty handy.

Anonymous said...

Friends and family ( and thier families!) Don't you just love it?

Bernice said...

Wow, a mini family reunion. de-I will be ready for the big one in July. Are you planning a pig roast?

stef said...

OMG- you mean tomorrow? Lucky for you you're leaving right after they get there.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I love how you're leaving town for a week after they arrive. Poor Mrs. D-I.

Michael Podolny said...

stef - Lakeview - My being in Chicago (and traveling for the next three weeks) is strictly a coincidence. Not that that will help he at all with Wife.

Alexis - I've been pouring water around the house for weeks but it take a lot of time to create 3000 miles worth.

Anonymous said...

"Homey could you please help put together the bunk bed."

Too funny not to comment on.!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Mrs. de-I is always very efficient...God bless her!!! Be very good to her, ya hear!!!

agent w