Saturday, April 14, 2007

Tired-Dragging

Got back from the LA trip dragging. Fortuantely Friday wasn't too bad of a day. I finished the afternoon visiting with my ex-partner and friend AK who is doing so well that he might be thinking of coming back into the deal/consulting business which would be great for me.

Then I saw another ex-client/sometime sub-contractor/friend PH who has a neat gig working with a non-profit that promote sustainable land management practices in all parts of the world. He was telling me stories of his visits to ranches in South Africa and Zimbabwe. If you every want to be thankful for living in the US, you should spend an hour with this guy listen to his stories of just how frightful things are for some many of the world's population.

We had lots of rain and snow (in the higher elevations) yesterday. As warmth is moving in today, I've decided to put off my hike until tomorrow. Tonight we're going to balloonist/ex-wine maker KA's for dinner which will be grilled meat...Mmmmmm. As PH told me yesterday, we're members of PETA - People who Eat Tasty Animals.

Sunday, I'm having my injured hiking buddy, Wild Bill, over for dinner and I'm planning to get into some cooking myself.

1 comment:

alexis said...

can't wait for the cooking details!