Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Suprise Trip - Surprise Success

I've been working for months planning a surprise trip for Mrs. de-I for her birthday. It's not a special birthday or anything, it's just something I've always wanted to do. I tried back in 2000 but the company she worked for then was totally uncooperative and basically scuttled the whole thing (a reason she is now retired).

Anyway, I have been successful. I popped the fact we are leaving this Thursday to her (I actually told her on Sunday) and the surprise was complete. Either that or she knew and is an unbelievable actress and not letting me knew she knew so I wouldn't be disappointed. I think I'll stick with my having successfully surprised her.

She doesn't know where we're going yet and won't until we get to the plane on Thursday. Nor does she know what we're doing (heh, heh, heh, heh). Since she may actually read this, I will be unveiling all as it takes place.

3 comments:

alexis said...

this will be the opposite of my gift, which I confirmed with her as to it's exact delivery and content on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the details as the trip unfolds. Happy Birthday wishes to Aunt De-I!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing the surprise!!