Thursday, April 26, 2007

Inspire-D

Inspired by the soup that I gave you the recipie for, I concocted this for some leftover winter squash.

One onion chopped fine
1 TB butter
One large clove garlic chopped fine
3 cups of cooked winter squash (I used a combo of acorn and butternut)
32 oz of broth
3 oz shredded american cheese
Salt
White pepper

Sweat the onions in the butter until soft. Add the squash. Add broth and garlic (important so garlic has more of a kick). Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer medium for 10 minutes. Blend until smooth. Add cheese. Do not let boil again. Correct seasoning and serve.

Really yummy and filling. And I might add is under 400 calories per person (serves 2) with two bowls each. DON'T BITCH SLAP ME AinA!

4 comments:

alexis said...

HAHAHAH - you know, I was TOTALLY waiting for the calorie content at the end.. I knew it was coming. :)

stef said...

Clever post title!
You had me until the cheese. Not so sure about that flavor combo...

Anonymous said...

I was a little nervous about that too but I needed the protein content and it ended up working really good. You really didn't tasted the cheese so much as it giving the soup a bit more depth.

Pulisha said...

Hmm, I've never been a great lover of squash, but we may have to try this recipe out!