Saturday, October 8, 2022

This And That

 Just a bits and pieces from the last week or so. 

 Last weekend I went out to do my morning walk and there was a freaking bunch of runners around and about.

Normally, it is totally deserted on Sunday. But it was...

...The Cefalú Half-Marathon...

This was going to be exciting so I ensconced myself on my front patio to take in the stirring drama!

 


In this part of the world, we have a pirate problem. These vermin show up on your shores and proceed to fill up your streets without paying any occupancy taxes.


The first part of the week was windy


But then we had a series of clear evenings where the sunsets were spectacular.


 





 We are still trying to get out once a week and eat out though we have been a tad bad about our diets via eating tons of bread and butter for breakfast. I made firm vow for this meal that it would be protein and vegetable for me!

Fried potatoes, potato croquettes, chickpea fritters and mini-arrancini (filled rice balls)


 Lobster pasta and Porcini Mushroom pasta. 

Please note the plate of spinach. 

Vows were not completely ignored.

SIGNS OF THE WORLD

Everything should have its place. 

Here we have specific areas for where you can drive off into the water or fall off a cliff. Please use the approved areas.

2 comments:

alexis said...

those colors are amazing in the sunsets

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

That's how I like to participate in marathons as well - at a distance, while sitting in the shade.