Thursday, March 3, 2022

Like A Phoenix - The Network Reborn

 I funny thing happened on the way through the pandemic. My network, my rich collection of personal contacts and resources, was reborn.

The changes resulting from Transitions 1.0 and 2.0 had slowly but surely made my life and experiences less and less relevant to the hundreds of people I had met and built connections with over my decades of being in business. Then came the coup de grace, the pandemic. 2020 was the year of the great isolation. With the exception of the work I was doing with Theodora and the few contacts from my old life who were interested in that, my contacts with my old network virtually dried up. My prior network had been built upon personal, face-to-face meetings and a focus on my local business world. I had the hardest time trying to maintain those connections in the new virtual world. And the issues they were interested and struggling with related to local business had no interest to me. The result was a period of darkness.

Then, last year, a change occurred. One of my board members in Ghana introduced me to a new global, virtual network building service called Lunchclub. Despite initial skepticism, this turned into a force of rejuvenation. The AI behind the program brought me people with a genuine interest in my life's trajectory. I began to meet the most interesting people all around not only the country but the world. This in turn got me back into my role of connector. It has become an exciting and stimulating part of my life as I build and entire new network focused on the social impact world I am now a part of.

1 comment:

alexis said...

yeah for meeting new people!