Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Groundhog Day

You may recall from January this post about the incredulous experience of being told that the only means the neighboring apartment had for reaching the roof to repair an air conditioning unit was through the apartment I was using. And the subsequent multi-day saga of having work men haul themselves, their equipment, the old unit and the new unit through the rather small living room of the apartment. 

 What are the chances that something like this could happen again? Evidently 100%. Sure enough, the very first Saturday of my stay, the weekend where my goal is to relax and recoup energy from the long trip, there is a knock on the door. It is the compound security. The next door apartment has another air conditioning unit out. May they come through mine so they can access it? I suppose I could say no. Come back in two weeks when I’m gone. But if the shoe were on the other foot, I wouldn’t want that to happen. So instead, I had four hours on Saturday afternoon of people schlepping in and out of my apartment with tools and heavy air conditioning units.

 

Then in a new development this morning, Tuesday, I awoke to no electricity and no water. A high end unit like this advertises it has backup power supply. But I get the impression this whole complex was built on the cheap. I think it is time for me to find an alternative.

2 comments:

alexis said...

jeeze. yes, time for a new place!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Bummer. Yeah, you either expect inconveniences in a cheap place or smooth operations in a pricier place.