Monday, October 25, 2021

Sicily 2021 #11 - Pictures from Siracusa/Ortigia Second Visit

 In our backup hotel in Agrigento, the internet is pretty terrible. But I told the manager I had business calls to make Monday evening. So he went and got another router and set up in a small room they use for a lounge. Hence, I now have the power to upload our pictures from the sec

 

ond trip to Ortigia.

It started with lunch. A lovely small Osteria that was serving Roman style cooking.

Mom was doing the cooking

I had steamed mussels and a version of Cacio i Pepe with anchovies in it. We've had anchovies a couple of times and they are much milder than they are in the States


Just as you go into the central part there are these people who look like real fishing folk in an area surrounded by more upscale stuff. 3A thinks they are paid to provide local color!


I was in my 'Channeling Wife Photo Persona'

Cool Building Facade

The Duomo

Balconies 

Seafront

When you think of Italian Food do you think...

NO! You think...

Street Scene

Wife has her thing - 'doors'. I have my thing - 'laundry'

SIGNS OF THE WORLD

My Italian is so weak but I am pretty sure this advises would be thieves to put their masks on before conducting the robbery.



2 comments:

alexis said...

I have had enough pasta now to set me up for a good while thanks to Sicily

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I'm so glad signs of the world is back again!