Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Hapsburg - Renaissance Trip - How We Role As A Family

We are in the last part of our trip - our traditional pilgrimage to the family in Amsterdam - 8 days of our being with the #3 family. It is a wonderful time when we take off our 'touring' and 'international experience' hats and put on our 'family immersion' hat. Typically that means I'm pretty much done with blog posts...Then I read daughter's blog where she says and I quote, "so I suspect I may copy-paste whatever my father writes as he is in full writer's mode and will do a much better job of it than I will right now."

Gee no pressure to post now.

Well what IS THERE to blog about....Hmmm how about

FRITES!


We have set an all time record for restraint on this trip and didn't get our first frites until nearly 48 hours after arriving!





Agh! Gek Fotograaf!




We could walk and take pictures of the Rijksmuseum, which for most of the 10 years we've been visiting our daughter as been under renovation but was finally finished a year or so ago.





Taking in the canals
 

We stop for lot's of coffee



We buy stuff from the Peppernoten Store, a store that sells only one type of cookie

And of course we roll with the family




1 comment:

alexis said...

we'll have to replay this after you've left to remind us of the good times.