Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cooking Event of Epic Proportions!

Wife and I have committed to and will be executing a food based entertainment that is beyond anything we've done before. The impetus for this was in May when we had Cabinet Lady and Dr. Debbie over for dinner. At the time I commented on the incredible inventory of chile I had in hand and the likelihood of even more coming by the end of the summer because of gardening. I threw out to them that wouldn't it be a great idea if we pooled our resources and mutual contacts and had a big party all based on chile.

Much to my surprise they agreed and in the ensuing months continued to be supporters of the event. We expect between 20 and 25 people. Wife and I worked for weeks figuring out our menu. (We are doing all the cooking - CL and Dr. D are providing the drinks, venue, place settings, etc.) Wife jumped into this with full vigor and all of her incredible organizing skills. So we have spreadsheets that show everything we need to make, when we need to make it, ingredients require, time tables, copies of the recipes, master shopping lists broken out by store. I've never done anything with this degree of organization.

The cooking starts this weekend and I will try to be diligent on my photo journalism.

3 comments:

alexis said...

What a great project! I hope there are a few leftovers to try in December from all the sauces.. though I guess the idea is that nothing will be left.

Xani said...

Sounds like so much fun! I LOVE the spreadsheet/organization phase of event planning.... I'm sure this is hereditary.

Mike said...

Gonna try to catch up here.

I don't think I've ever required a spreadsheet to create a meal. Clearly, this is serious business.