Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Great Grapes

On Sunday, Gaius Derf was insistent that there was this pizza place on his side of town that we had to try. So we did and it was great. Best pizza I've ever had in Albuquerque. So thanks Derf.

But this is not a post about pizza.

After the pizza and wine we went back to the Derf/Agent W abode. They've got a lovely view of the mountains from the far west side and it's lovely to sit in their backyard and sip some wine.

We were looking at the monsoonal sky.

Then I looked across the yard and espied Agent W's grape arbor


And right at the bottom there was this beautiful bunch of green grapes. So I asked if they were ripe. I tasted one and it was fab.



So naturally one has to find a lass of Italian descent to cut your grapes like Agent W.

Which we then savored with our wine.

5 comments:

alexis said...

seems the drought hasn't hurt gardens in ABQ this year!

Mike said...

Hmm... never tried growing grapes before. Seems as though they've got it down, though.

terri said...

Really? Grapes can only be cut by a lass of Italian descent? Is there an art to cutting grapes that is only mastered by Italian lasses?

de-I said...

Well I suppose it could be a French, Spanish, or Greek lass. Maybe even a Portuguese one. But no Nordic types, Mongols, Lithuanians, Tartars, Eskimos, etc. No, no, no those won't do at all.

Anonymous said...

Love the view from the yard. I'm jut focusing on keeping the existing foliage alive before I worry about anything new.