Sunday, August 28, 2011

Behind the Scenes at de-I's Sandia Outfitters

With all the work over the last few weekends for the Epic Food Event, I must admit that I've kind of let the mountain touring business slide a bit. However, I'm hoping for some new blood...I mean some new business this coming weekend. I got a request on the website from a Mrs. AW. It read:

"Dear Mr. de-I. My husband, GD, recently purchased a very, very, VERY large insurance policy on his life with me as beneficiary. He likes to go hiking but for the most part is obsessed with going when there are storms out...they typically go to the south of him for some bizarre reason. Anyway, I was told that you are very good at what you do. However, if by some horrible, horrible coincidence something terrible was to happen to him, I would want you to know that I would feel obliged to share some of the proceeds of this policy with you in order for you to restore your good name. Please let me know if your will take GD on as a client. The sooner the better!"

Well we certainly don't want to disappoint Mrs. AW. So I spent this weekend working on some trail improvements which you can see below.

This is designed for the client who decides he just has to look at the trail sign post. Often you can encourage folks by asking them if they want their picture taken next to the pole. They stand there and then Kerplop!

If you blow up the picture, you will note how this is cleverly designed so that no matter which side of the pole the client stands, the desired effect takes place.
Ah there's nothing that gives one more pleasure than a well made tool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. I've just realized that my husband is going hiking with Sandia outfitters in three months, and we don't have nearly enough life insurance taken out on him.

terri said...

Just realized that MY husband has a quite sufficient amount of life insurance. Can you squeeze him into the tour?

alexis said...

Goodness we don't even have life insurance, so we will have to work hard on that before December!

Mike said...

Don't tell Jules! I recently did my benefits for work this year, including life insurance. I'm now worth more dead than I am alive.