Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rewards of Appeasement

So de-I you say, it seems that this Born Again Aztec religion would be a bit difficult to maintain. After all going on raids through various parts of your city to find ritual victims and sacrificing them in your backyard is bound to lead to some dissatisfied neighbors not to mention the possibility of explaining freedom of religion to local authorities, no?

Certainly these are issues but then any person of real faith deals with issues from a society that tolerates but does not really condone faith. Ah but the rewards...the rewards. I in particular, like to sacrifice to Ztibroeriwtoh, the Aztec god that protects travelers. Let me give you an example of what life is like when you have the favor of the travel god.

I was scheduled to fly to Chicago yesterday for my monthly trip with a change of planes in Denver. On Monday, I was notified (via email, text, and telephone...thank you United for thoroughness) that my first leg from Albuquerque to Denver was canceled. I call up United and there is nothing they have that will get me there on time. They want to send me on USAir through Phoenix which means I have to take a 6 AM flight (2 hours earlier) to arrive at the same time. I don't like that especially since I got upgraded to business class on my Denver to Chicago leg. But there is a flight on Frontier that leaves at almost the same time as my original United fight. However, it is officially 5 minutes short of the legal connection time and I will need to change terminals to get to United. I decide to opt for this. If I get a favorable seat towards the front, can make sure that my bag is with me overhead, and there are no delays, I will be in good shape.

Everything goes exactly as hoped for. I get 8C, pretty ideal on the isle toward the front. There isn't even anyone in the middle seat. Sweet. Room overhead for the bag. Flights on time. No problems. You think this would have happened without my appeasing the appropriate diety? I think not.

For more information on setting up your own Aztec sacrificial temple go to www.newaztec.org/sacrificeorbesacrificed.

6 comments:

terri said...

There are great rewards for those of great faith. You have obviously pleased your gods. I'm gonna check out that website and see if there's a house-keeper god I can suck up to.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I was sooooo hoping that link worked! I prefer those seats in the middle of the water too....isle seats....as you call them. Suite!

I just want to know what time of the year is sacrifice time so I can avoid ABQ.

stef said...

I too, was hoping that was a real link. sighz

WeaselMomma said...

Who cleans the alter in your backyard?

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!

Mike said...

I'm sure our apartment landlord wouldn't mind the addition to the landscape.