Sunday, August 9, 2009

Back from Connecticut

It was a long three days helping my Dad. Having a fire where you are forced out of your home and where you lose so much of your belongings is a tough thing for anyone to deal with. I am in awe of my father who is almost 86 and mostly blind to be able to handle things. Fortunately I was able to be of help but it is frustrating to be so far away and not be able to be there. I spent 3 hours on the plane this morning writing 5 pages of detailed explanation for all the members of our family so I'm a little burnt out on writing about this. Maybe sometime this week I'll have a bit more energy.

5 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ugh, I can't even imagine what that was like. He's fortunate to have you be able to make the trip out there to help.

alexis said...

whew, I am glad he is accepting some help!

Pulisha said...

So glad you were able to make it out there. I know g-pa doesn't like to accept help, but everybody needs it sometimes! I'm very happy to hear that at least things are moving along and he is in good spirits.

terri said...

I'm sure your dad is grateful for your assistance. I can understand your frustration though, with the distance and trying to assist in a situation like this.

Mike said...

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I couldn't imagine losing everything like that. I'm glad he's a strong guy, though, and dealing with it well. I'm also sure he's grateful for your help.