Monday, June 2, 2008

Slooooowwwwwlllly Getting Better

Major surgery - Smajor surgery - I want to be better now. Did I mention that I am not the best of patients. I don't recall any of the hero stories I've read over the years mentioning a whole lot about the long painful recovery period. Blah, blah, blah.

Actually things are coming along just fine. I feel like I'm getting little bit stronger each day. I was bit worried about a couple of things but I talked to my outpatient coordinator at Hartford Hospital and everything was within normal parameters. She also gave me the OK to start driving (which is good because I already am) but to use common sense. Actually all the street bumps from driving (more than a non-abdominally challenged person would realize) seems to be one of the things that jumbles around my tender innards.

I'm actually starting to get the beached ship of my company back in the water and going again. I got a commitment for two new engagements with existing clients. If any of you remember the scene from the movie Young Frankenstein where Gene Wilder is pounding on the lifeless hulk of Frankenstein and scream "Live!", that's what I feel like.

Fact Stranger Than Fiction

Since many of you also read Pu's Corner I'm sure that you've said to yourself, "that can't be real. No real life can be like that." Au contraire. We saw the Pulisha clan twice this weekend, once here and once at their place and I will verify in all truth that THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT ANY GIVEN MOMENT IN PULISHADOM SOUNDS LIKE. What is equally amazing is Pu's ability to maintain her train of thought in a conversation when every successive sentence she speaks on a given topic is interrupted by two to three commands or exhortations to her brood. Quite a feat of mental legerdemain.

That Guy Going Postal Is Probably Tim De Buffalo

This coming weekend Pu goes away for her first Air Force Reserve weekend meaning Mr. Tim will be handling the Pu clan all by himself. Wife and I told we unfortunately had a trip to Argentina this weekend and would not be able to assist.

4 comments:

alexis said...

ahh, thank goodness I have a large ocean and most of the continental united states as a buffer. It's just barely sufficient.

stef said...

Argentina? So soon after your surgery? Surely that would be worse than 3 kids...

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your dodge, de-I, but I think you're in trouble. Tim knows where you live...

Anonymous said...

No, no Stef, at times Kabul could seem like a wonderful resort in comparison to 3 crazy's.!!

I am actually looking forward to spending some time with the crue this weekend...it's overdue. Perhaps a pizza/movie night.