Thursday, June 12, 2008

One Good Turn Deserves Another

You never know what's going to happen when you post to all humanity on the internet - you might even rethink putting a picture of your 60 year old self with celery coming out of your nose (actually didn't rethink that at all!).

However, because of the series of postings that I did on my recent kidney donation, I got a comment from a lovely young lady who donated a liver lobe (I think I have that right) to her brother in 2006. As a result of her experience she has set up a foundation for living donors, The Greatest Gift Foundation. She also has a blog associated with the Foundation and posted a lovely comment related to my experiences.

If anything I have written, has given any reader an interest in this topic, I would strongly suggest you visiting her. I think her effort is well worth supporting.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, you have celery coming out your nose? I didn't notice. :)

Thanks, Michael. Namaste.
Becky

alexis said...

he has more than one picture of it too!

stef said...

I saw becky's comment and meant to check out the organization then. I'm glad you mentioned it! I've bookmarked her blog for regular reading. I think that organ donation really touches everyone that experiences it- even vicariously. It has definitely made me consider anonymous donation. Something I don't think I would have thought about before...

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Looks like a nice lady. Good stuff.

Celery? Really??

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Anxious to read your next post about the Saturday dinner with Mrs d-I, P & T. With your "Cucina Magica" I know that it will be a wonderful meal!!!

Thanks for bringing our attention to Becky's blog. I will read it often.

Rest and relax on Father's Day...you deserve it!!!

Angent W & The Derf