Monday, July 16, 2007

They're Back!

The freakin' squirrels. According to Wife they're coming in from neighboring yards now that the local population has subjected to the final solution. Wife has put out some more poison to deal with the problem. However she's been putting it in some kind of caging so the neighborhood cats (which frequent our yard as it is one of the few dog free zones in the hood) don't eat it. She is sensitive about wiping out the neighbor's pets. Personally I say this is war and there is always collateral damage during a war.

On another note, I talked to Pulisha. Tim's operation went well. They said if he had waited too much longer it could have been very serious. I talked to Tim as well and he was very drugged up.

Finally, on an LA food note, I didn't eat too much yesterday and was famished at lunch. We were eating at a fairly nice hotel and I had an urge for a cheeseburger, not the kind of thing that a hotel usually does well. But this one was excellent. Had dinner at our favorite sushi place in Thousand Oaks, Minato where the owner Steve takes very good care of us and is always extremely friendly.

Tomorrow, I get a conjugal visit in Albuquerque before going on to Iowa on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

"Personally I say this is war and there is always collateral damage during a war." Ha! I actually chortled over that one, though maybe it's because I don't really like cats either.

Does Mrs. d-I know about the pending conjugal visit? Should someone call and warn her? She still has time to visit L.A. or leave early for Chicago!

alexis said...

hahahah Joe!

stef said...

Poor Tim! They say bloodmeal also keeps the squirrels away...