Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Houston We Have Tomatoes

In spite of squirrels, odd weather, bugs, etc. I am happy to report that we are seeing the signs of fruitful production from the Mrs. de-I garden. Today:

  • I ate the first tomato - and it was gooood. Others are on the way
  • Had the first cucumber (take that you damn squirrels) over the weekend
  • Made the first chile harvest, roasted them and used them in a dish tonight for dinner. There will be lots of chile coming
  • Picked a bowl of blackberries for dessert

Yeah garden!

4 comments:

alexis said...

I have been able to get pretty good tomatoes at the market, but I do miss me the chile!!!

stef said...

Hey- what are some good MILD chiles? Do you know? Or is it just all of them taste and see?

Anonymous said...

We grow the same variety, Big Jims each year with the heat seeming to vary according to the weather conditions. This is the first year they've come out mild.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nice! d-I and Mrs. d-I, one, squirrels zero.