Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Visiting Ghana - What de-I Eats #3 - Anastasia and Yam with Kontombre Stew

 Our third installment. By the way, with the exception of my deciding to not make any repetitions of what I am eating for this series, these are the things I really do eat while I'm working in Ghana.



 Kontombre is a leafy green vegetable. So, yes, you can get a vegetable dish in Ghana cuisine.

My Next Ghana Business Project

Just kidding.

Without meaning to be disrespectful, most small business names in Ghana are rather mundane, nothing that would get you excited. However, I have been passing by this sign ever since I arrived last week and it totally intrigues me. A flood of marketing ideas and messages spew forth just thinking of the imagery from the name. I really need to meet the owner.

4 comments:

alexis said...

these are some filling lunches! Is it the same again at dinner or is lunch the main meal?

de-I said...

If you would be eating local food, yes, the same would be true for dinner. I don't I cook for myself and eat more like I do at home for dinner.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I'm very excited to see vegetables! Are they cooked with meat to add flavor, I wonder?

de-I said...

RMG, I've had this dish many times. There might be a flavor cube (like shrimp) in it but generally speaking no, it doesn't have meat in it. But it is quite flavorful all the same. This version, however, did have some kind of fish mixed in with it.