Tuesday, January 30, 2024

It's Unhealthy And It's An Improvement

 I have my morning routine. It doesn't vary much no matter where in the world I am. I get up very early in the morning, somewhere between 4am and 5am. I do a few bodily necessities. I go to wherever my computer is. I power it up. I will spend 10 to 30 minutes catching up on email, answering inquiries, and checking out a few sites and blogs before I go to do my hour of meditation or yoga. One of the sites I visit is Weather Underground. 

In Ghana, we are in a part of the year known as the Hamatan. The Hamatan is the tropical hot, dry season...with a twist. The twist is a continuous flow of air from north to south bringing dust in from the Sahara Desert. It results in this constant haze of dust in the air. You from New Mexico will empathize remembering your May and Junes before the Monsoon. This dust is everywhere. And if you are outside the main part of the city where there are tons of dirt roads, the amount of airborne dust and its affects is mind blowing.

For the last five days, when I went to Weather Underground, the air quality was rated Extremely Unhealthy, Do not exercise outdoors! 

So you can imagine my joy today when the rating was simply, 

Unhealthy.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Congratulations, it will now take the air longer to kill you than before...

alexis said...

RM lol, exactly my thoughts