Saturday, December 23, 2023

Christmas Miracle

Last night I slept almost 7 hours.

Sleep has always been an issue for me. Even when I was young, 7 hours of sleep would be a lot. But as I aged, things got much worse for a variety of reasons. 5 / 5 and a half hours were and are the most I have come to accept I am going to sleep. The fact that I need to get up early so often to communicate with those in the eastern hemisphere hasn't helped. 

Thankfully, learning to nap as a side effect of the kidney donation event gave me a tool that has allowed me to stay rested and avoid illness.Why, last night, my body suddenly decided it was okay to get as full a night's sleep as ever, I don't know. 

But I enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Merry Christmas from your central nervous system!

alexis said...

hopefully not a sign you're coming down with something! Happy Christmas!