Sunday, July 26, 2020

Substitution

It sunk in a few weeks ago that I wasn't going anywhere for quite some time. As the United States as combined entity has decided to conduct a mass experiment on how to respond to a pandemic by basically doing the opposite of what science says is correct (But damn it in the name of personal freedom!), our passport has essentially become the Black Mark on our forehead as far as getting the hell out of here.

While the #2 clan was here, I took advantage of 2B's love of wine. We drank a lot of my inventory. Which allowed me to buy more 😊. Buying wine. Drinking wine. It was all good. Until, of course, the sad day when the Pulishan Hordes departed.

I took stock of my wine inventory with the black hole known as 2B now in another Galaxy and noted that even with all the buying it was low. Well that was okay. For I think I have noted I probably like buying wine even more than I do drinking it.

I am sure I have also mentioned in the past that I make use of two e-commerce wine merchants exclusively for my purchases. I have a buying strategy based on certain geographies and wines from those geographies that I like. I have found the choice selections from these two sources to be so incredibly well matched with my own tastes that I just wait for an offer at a price I like. The problem is they send literally 10 to 20 of these a day (between the two).

What I realized since 2B left is that I had already filled my inventory quite well but was still buying. I justified the buying by because I was still short of whites and I didn't have enough Bordeaux and I was lacking completely in Spanish Rioja. No what has happened is that as I cannot travel I am letting my wine buying addiction fill the void.

Well as I made that last buy of said Rioja today, I have made a vow of no more buying until I can see a substantial opening of slots in the storage racks. So if any of you happen to be in Albuquerque and have a hankering for a glass or six of fine wine in our Covid-19 open/socially distant compliant space, just give me a call.

5 comments:

alexis said...

Why do you torture me like this??? I would totally help you out damn it. As it is, I had to buy a bunch German wine to console myself. :(

de-I said...

And to accommodate your issues with red wine, I would gladly, GLADLY start drinking at 10 in the morning. Maybe begin with a nice Lirac for brunch and move into a heavier Barolo or Bordeaux for our lunch at 2. Then let the effect on the body chemistry do its thing and by bedtime be ready to sleep! All good things will return to us!

JRR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Rice said...

Happy to help with the French rest and the lovely Spanish Rioja
JRR

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I did my best during my February trip, but clearly you need drinking help from lots of people!