Monday, July 27, 2020

How Gratitude Manifests

Lately, I have been very much focused on gratitude. Despite all that is going on with pandemic and dysfunctional society, I know I live a very blessed life.

I am in the process of going through all my old blog posts since 2007, all 2000+ of the them. There is so much that I have forgotten of my life even just a decade ago! It makes me sad I didn't do a diary during my earlier years.

I am in 2011. I have been reading all these posts of epic hikes and epic cooking! Like this one. For a moment I was melancholy. I thought how we no longer would do anything like that now for a whole variety of reasons. But then I remembered that when our cooking/entertaining life ended, our travel life began. And now that we are prohibited from that, I thought of the incredible blessing that has come from working with the women of the Theodora Project.

Truly my life has been blessed with passion. The objects of passion change. But the commitment to and fulfillment from a passion continues.

2 comments:

alexis said...

what is the saying, when God closes a door, he/she/they/it opens a window.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

A thoughtful post. Sometimes I miss pastimes that I have given up, either for physical reasons or because they don't currently fit in my life. We are both lucky to be people who have many interests.