Monday, September 30, 2019

Ghana Trip Three - Wrapping Up And Heading Home

I am almost at the end of my 8-hour layover in Istanbul before I board my 11-hour flight to Chicago. I really appreciate the fare I got on this flight but I am not appreciating it's extreme length. I am spending the night in Chicago before I complete my journey on Tuesday.

I have been spending my time in the Turkish Airlines Business Class Club which is quite luxurious. I was able to take a shower. I found a couch to lie down and take some more sleep but it was so cold I had to move.

I have made good use of some of this time by working on my Rotary Global Grant Request document. Working on this project is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. No change that. It is not a bit like being on an emotional rollercoaster. It is being on an emotional rollercoaster. There are times when it feels like everything is coming together...like you are doing these good things and it will all happen. These are closely followed by times when all that is necessary to put into place seems overwhelming.

Don't get me wrong. No regrets. None. This has been such an amazing experience. And I know I am doing good. The rollercoaster is just part of the landscape.

2 comments:

alexis said...

I think you are most happy when you have your claws sunk into a vast endeavor like this. I do hope you are able to get slightly less crazy flights however in the future.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

No regrets? Not even the choice of the crazy long but cheap flight?