Monday, September 9, 2019

Getting Ready For Ghana Act III

I am heading back to Accra on Thursday. All that I have written about in the past continues to move forward. But I am sure none of you are surprised when I say that there is complication upon complication, detail upon detail, that has to be dealt with. It is not a simple project, to say the least. But worthwhile for sure.

When I get there, I will post much more detail about what is going on. For the moment, I am now settled into what is clearly going to be a long-term effort. This is no surprise. I mean you parachute into a completely new country and culture, no one knows you, and you claim you can make a difference. Of course, people are going to be skeptical. They should be. So you have to keep going, keep working, keeping meeting people, keep doing what you say you are going to do, keep working on those situations where you can prove your ideas will help them, keep building trust, keep building credibility, keep learning, keep growing.

The Theodora Project component has such potential but who knows if we'll be able to raise the money we need. But I will make this statement. I started this because I recognized the need I had to get to know a place better. I recognized that I wanted to meet people in a less superficial way. And I wanted to give back in some way. Didn't have to be grandiose but in some way. And I am happy to say all that is happening despite what might happen with the bigger projects. And I am doing it and funding it all out of my business activities while still spinning of money to the household. Some something is in harmony with all this.

2 comments:

Agent W said...

Safe travels! Wishing you all the best with Part
III !!

alexis said...

hope your first weekend went well!