Monday, January 30, 2023

Plans, Plans, Everywhere There Are Plans

 You thought the investment mania for de-I/Wife next phase plans has gone dormant. Oh how wrong you are. 

This weekend I was a bit bummed. It seemed that all the various plans we had been exploring were all running into blind alleys, box canyons, dead ends. Am I, de-I, worlds greatest limited by age world traveler going to be stuck in Albuquerque when I should be opening a whole new chapter in figuring out my life? It sadly seemed so.

In walks Wife, golden light from her aura as Savant Supreme with PLAN G!

Wife says in her understated tone that hides the depth of her brilliant insights that if we need a change why don't we consider a move to somewhere else in the United States? I pause dramatically. WHY DON'T WE! We have actually had in our mind a place but I am going to keep it secret for the moment. Need to build up the suspense for future blog posts.

And from out of the blue comes Daughter #1. She forwards us a video a friend of hers has put together on retiring to a place in South America I would not have thought of in a hundred years. I watch this video (which was incredibly well done) and my jaw drops amazed. This is a real alternative. PLAN H.

(For those of you wondering, what became of Plans D, E & F? Stillborn evidently.)

So much to consider.

Let's hope we don't devolve into the dreaded PLAN X where we spend the next 7 years doing nothing but researching and evaluating other plans.

🤯

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

You are truly a Wonder to behold, even if none of us understand what is going on in your brain.

alexis said...

I think you are in plan X, looking to reverse order back out to A. Even better reading this now when I spoke to you Thursday and things had ALREADY changed since Monday.