Sunday, October 28, 2018

Road Trip 2018 - Day Thirty, HOME!

We love, love, love to travel. But OMG do we love getting back home too!

We had agreed a couple of weeks ago that we wanted a leisurely meander back home. No multiple days of 8 hours or more of driving. And we were able to pull that off. Our morning in OKC yesterday, left us with the afternoon to go half way home (4 hours) to Amarillo, TX. This morning we finished off the last 4 hours and with going from Central to Mountain time, we were back before Noon.

A very busy afternoon of doing laundry, shopping, going through mail and getting ready to reengage with our day-to-day world.

As with all our trips, there were so many experiences and so much learning! In fact as we were unpacking we saw some items we bought from the first week or so. We had totally forgotten them because of all that had happened since. As usual I will be going over all my posts from the trip and provide a synopsis of high and low points, lessons learned, and significant observations.

I finish these travel sagas with the same statement. We are so incredibly grateful that fate has allowed us the wherewithal, the health and the attitude to pursue these adventures.

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I am really glad you get to do these trips too! And I love posts about them, even though I don't look at every picture...

alexis said...

did you buy any art on your trip?

de-I said...

No, Though I would have if the Montgomery AL potter's mask had been finished